Saturday, May 5, 2012

STOP THE STUPID!!!

I seriously do not know how much stupid I can take. I have a guy at work that wants to have background investagation done on one the supervisors, because the supervisor is orginally from Columbia. Never mind that he's been with the company for almost 30 years, lived in two different states for the job. Its not good enough for him. My co-worker wants it done because the supervisor isn't 'American'.

I was having a smoke after work talking to a couple of the women from the plant, I was talking about something and said the phrase 'Indian'. She stopped me in the middle of my sentence & said, "Do you mean 'Native American'? Actually 'True American'?" Earlier, this same woman when trying to get the attention of a Vietnamese co-worker (who speaks English & has better grammar than she does) makes clicking noises at him. Like the African clicking language.

I'm so sick of having to watch what I say & do, because lord knows I don't want to offend or hurt someone's precious little feelings. Apparently, I'm the wrong skin shade, religion, & political affliation to say how I feel without people gunning after me.

I'm over the thin-skinness of America today. Get over yourselves!!! In my heart of hearts, I don't judge you on your skin color, unless you're a tan-orexic. Could really care less. Don't care where you came from. I'm judging you on how you present yourself at that moment. If you are acting slutty, I'm going to call you a slut. If you are acting like damn fool, I'm going to call you out on it. Why should I hurt myself by holding my tongue because of your feelings?

Just stop worrying about everyone's feelings. The quicker we can do that as a society, the quicker we can get the economy back to where its supposed to be. Don't preoccupy your mind with stupid, stupid drivel.

By the way, just so we're clear, stop the stupid!

No comments:

Post a Comment