Friday, March 2, 2012

Respect, Where Did It Go?

This morning, I received a text from my sister in law that my blogging hero, Andrew Brietbart, had died. At first I thought it was a hoax. Unfortunately, it was not. I logged to Twitter to find out what happened and to grieve with friends over this loss. It was nice as an online community we were able to come together to share, to support, & to grieve.

If that was it, I would not be writing. No matter whether you agree with someone politics or religion, it is respectful to not say anything ill of the dead. At least until after the funeral! Oh, but not anymore. As soon as the news hit, people spewed forth vile, hatred, ugly things about someone who was a husband, a father, a boss, and a friend.

Though I never had the fortune of meeting Mr. Breitbart, I would have loved to have picked his brian. He was mad genius. All he had to do was show up. He didn't have to say a word, just be, and the drama would begin. All he had to do is record it on his iPad & he had a story. The power he had, and still has over the left.

Andrew will be missed. I hope to be as bold. I hope to rise above the name calling of his enemies, but still use it against them. To keep fighting the lies, to expose the truths.

Most of all, I will hold respect. Respect for someone who went where others did not dare. Laughing in the face of his attackers.

Thank you, Andrew. Thank you.

No comments:

Post a Comment