Thursday, February 17, 2011

Where's my Freedom of Speech?

Amendment 1 of the Bill of Rights states that I have the freedom of speech. What they fail to mention is that in a union shop that freedom is taken away from you.
Now, don't get me wrong, I like my job. I just can't speak my mind at it. I believe in a strong work ethic, leaving within your means, and that most politicians are corrupted & money hungry.
I haven't agreed with a president in years. But, because I don't like the policies of this president, I am racist, ignorant, and closed minded. Which I find interesting. When I listen to my co-workers talk politics, they are all talking points, very little independent thought. And I'm the closed minded one.
They yell & scream, proclaiming all conservatives are a-holes and should die. I'm a libertarian. Conservative one, but still a libertarian. I do not ask for the death of any progressive. Most I want from them is to shut up! I can't concentrate on my suduko puzzle. Is that too much to ask?
I get pumped full of CNN & HLN at work. When John King comes on, the progressives/union joes start in. They become red in the face any time a republican's name comes up. I can't say anything. There are times I am afraid for my car! They can't touch me at work, but they can't still get my car.
Once I enter those doors, I lose one of my basic freedoms of being an American. I fear my working life would become a living hell if they knew I am a Tea-Party capitialist.

No comments:

Post a Comment