Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Titles & Pride

 I have this problem with members of the church. Now I don't think they mean any harm, it's just one of my peeves. You might disagree. I'm mainly writing this to get it off my chest.

Okay, here it goes. I have a problem with people who have to introduce themselves as prophets, apostles, bishops, or what ever their gift may be. Here's the thing, I don't ever remember Jesus introducing himself as the Christ/Messiah. If you asked Him, He would tell you who He was. He is God in person and didn't shout it from the rooftops! I feel if you have to introduce yourself as your gift, you're boasting. Like you're better than the people who don't have those gifts.

I will probably have some people after me, but its how I feel. I'm still looking through the Bible for where Jesus introduces Himself saying, "Hi. I'm Christ Jesus." Why can't you just go by the name your parents gave you and let me find out what your gift is when its needed?

No comments:

Post a Comment