Tuesday, December 31, 2013

Regrets? I've Made A Few

 This quote always makes me chuckle. Maybe in the grand scheme of things, yeah, everything happens for a reason. Maybe. 
To say honestly that I have no regrets would be a HUGE lie. I have tons of regrets. With it being the end of the year & everyone being all reflective like, I thought I share a few of my regrets.

~ I wish I would have studied better and taken school more seriously when I 
   was younger. 
~ I wish have thought more about my future instead of just going along with 
   whatever came my way.
~ I wish I would have taken better care of my teeth.
~ I wish I would have taken better care of my body.
~ I wish I would allowed myself to be vulnerable when it came to love.
~ I wish I didn't listen to the negative voices growing up.

These are just the big ones. The first two are because I figured out in my 30's that I was smart and could be more than a regular factory worker. The second two, though I'm in good health, most of my teeth are cavity riddled. My body, on the other hand, has seen better days. The fifth one is because I've never allowed myself to open up to anyone and I know I've missed out on a lot of adventures. The last one, well, because if I didn't, the other 5 probably wouldn't exist.

Don't get me wrong, my life isn't horrible. It just could be better. I have to make the choice to make it that way. I just refuse to say that I have no regrets when I do. I hope that 2014 is a better year for everyone. 

No comments:

Post a Comment