How well do you know the US Presidents? Here are 20 quotes to quiz you.
For true trivia lovers, get a pen & paper and grade yourselves
1. There are plenty of recommendations on how to get out of trouble cheaply and fast. Most of them come down to this: Deny your responsibility.
2. Social equality is not a subject to be legislated upon, nor shall I ask that anything be done to advance the social status of the colored man.
3. I have not been able to think out any solution to the terrible problem offered by the presence of the Negro on this continent... he is here and can neither be killed nor driven away.
4. Negroes are excited by a freedom they don't understand and are not equipped to handle the demands and privileges of citizenship.
5. May God save the country, for it is evident that the people will not.
6. I am a firm believer in the people. If given the truth, they can be depended upon to meet any national crisis. The great point is to bring them the real facts, and beer.
7. If the American people don't love me, their descendants will.
8. Three things ruin a man: power, money, and women.
9. In the matter of Chinese and Japanese coolie immigration, I stand for the national policy of exclusion... We cannot make a homogeneous population of people who not blend with the Caucasian race.
10. If I were two-faced, would I be wearing this one?
11. Thanks for the poncho. (upon given the national flag of a country he was visiting)
12. Unemployment insurance is a pre-paid vacation plan for freeloaders.
13. I think that's self-evident, but not true.
14. Forgive your enemies, but never forget their names.
15. Let me give you a little serious political advice. One single word. Puppies. Worth the points.
16. If being a conservative means turning back the clock; denying problems that exist, then I'm no conservative.
17. I'm not interested in the suburbs. The suburbs bore me.
POTUS Last Words
18. That's very obvious.
19. Is it the Fourth? I resign my spirit to God, my daughter to my country.
20. I have tried so hard to do right.
Let's see how well you did...
1. Lyndon B. Johnson (D)
2. Ulysses S. Grant (R)
3. Theodore Roosevelt (R)
4. Woodrow Wilson (D)
5. Millard Fillmore (Whig)
6. Abraham Lincoln (R)
7. Lyndon B. Johnson (D)
8. Harry S Truman (D)
9. Woodrow Wilson (D)
10. Abraham Lincoln (R)
11. Bill Clinton (D)
12. Ronald Reagan (R)
13. Bill Clinton (D)
14. John F. Kennedy (D)
15. George H. W. Bush (R)
16. Richard Nixon (R)
17. Barack Obama (D)
18. John F. Kennedy (D)
19. Thomas Jefferson (DR)
20. Grover Cleveland (D)
If you got all 20 right, let me know! I'll figure out some prize.
If you had 15 or more, well done. Your history teacher would be proud.
If you had 10 - 14, be proud. You are smarter than most Americans.
If you got 4-9, you paid attention to internet memes!
The rest of you, can I interest you in some exciting products from Amway?