Friday, April 12, 2013

The Gift of Life


Today is the first day of the trial of Kermit Gosnell. A 'doctor' that snipped the spinal cords of babies that survived abortions. I can't tell you how much that sickens me. 

#1 ~ Doctors take the Hippocratic Oath upon graduation. Its a code of ethics. Did he forget 
         them? 
#2 ~ Babies are defenseless. He & his staff willing killed them, then joked about it!
#3 ~ What kind of sicko keeps limbs of those he killed as souvenirs?

Those are just a few things that are going though my mind. Here's another.

My mother was pregnant 15 times. I was her third live birth and also her last. She miscarried twelve times.

My mother sacrificed the first 15 years of marriage on the wanting of a family. For 15 years in a row, she was pregnant at some point. I remember she told me when she was pregnant for my oldest brother, that they were going to adopt a young boy. I believe she told me his name was Juan. The adoption never went through. I forgot why. Probably for the best though, because a few months later, my brother John was born. Three years later, my brother Bob was born. Then six more years after that, I was born. There was much rejoicing.

I'm always amazed by my mother's love. She mourned for a while for the children that were never born, but rejoiced louder for the 3 children she had.

I will never understand why women with healthy reproductive organs would pay to have someone ruin them. There are so many women who physically ache to because they can't bear children. It boggles their minds that someone would throw these precious gifts of life away because of inconvenience.

Which begs the question:
If you are pro-choice and decide to get an abortion, where's the line? 

I'm not trying to be be flippant or sarcastic, I'm asking an honest question. When does the life growing in your womb become a baby to you? And if you never wanted the child, will you ever see it as living being? 

I see every baby as a gift. Not only as a gift of life, but a gift of opportunity. Each life holds so much potential. It can go beyond the parents' wildest dreams.

No comments:

Post a Comment