Monday, June 13, 2011

What I'd Change When I'm President

I announced earlier on Twitter that I'm running for president in 2016. I'm qualified by the constitution. I will be at least 35 years old. I am a natural born citizen of the United States of America. And I lived in the U.S. for the last 14 years.

As any other person running for office, I have to have a platform. So here are just some of the things I would like to change about the country I love so much.

One of the things I would like to change is the 17th amendment. You know this one. Its where federal senators are elected by popular vote instead of being elected by the state senate. Therefore, quieting the states' voice in Washington DC. This against what the founders wanted. I believe whole-heartedly that this has been nothing but a downwhirl spiral since put in place. Hopefully that will help restore some state sovereignity.

I would get rid of K Street (lobbyists). They do nothing but help turn this once free market society into a fascist one. Plus, it would cut down on some scandals. Just a thought.

Another thing I'd like to do is trim the social programs. I don't believe its the government job to do anything in the social market. I raised with the 'Sink or Swim' mentality. I believe that how America became great. We didn't roll over at the first sign of hard work or trials.

I would take a weed whacker to the roots of the over-reaching bureaus that former presidents have put in place. They are suffocating our freedoms slowly like a boa constrictor.

One big thing I'd like to change is the congress pay & health care. I believe that congress should get paid the same as an enlisted military person. Speaker of the House & Majority Senate Leader should get paid no more than a 1 star general. These people are not being put out on the front lines, so why should they get paid better then the ones that are? Then, on top of that, when they get voted out, they get the same benefits of veterns. They get to go to VA type hospitals, VA type retirement facilities, and the same respect that most of them showed Vietnam vets.

This is a short list, but its a start. Please share your thoughts with me. I'm also starting my own hashtag, #BWings2016. It might change, but I got a few years. Peace & Blessings.

No comments:

Post a Comment